Snowfall and Rain:
- Snowfall has affected normal life in the Kashmir Valley and parts of Jammu division.
- According to the meteorological department, Srinagar received 2 cm of snow, Pahalgam 28cm, Kokernag 23cm, Qazigund 10 cm, Kupwara 5cm, Bhaderwah 2cm, and Batote 2.7cm.
- Jammu received 5.6 mm of rain and Katra 19 mm of it.
- All flights for the day at Srinagar airport have been cancelled due to bad weather.
- Passengers of cancelled flights will be accommodated in the next available flight at no extra cost.
- Jammu-Srinagar highway closed due to shooting stones and mudslides in Ramban district.
- Clearance work is underway on the highway, but travelers are advised to check traffic status before embarking on their journey.
- Mughal road connecting Poonch and Rajouri with Shopian, as well as Srinagar-Leh highway have also been closed for the winter due to snow accumulation.
- Mainly dry weather is expected from January 14-18th.
- A fresh Western Disturbance is likely to affect J&K and adjoining areas from January 19-20th.
All content on this website is copyrighted. Unauthorized use is prohibited and may result in legal action. For details, Copyright Notice.