Snow Blankets Kashmir Valley, Hilly Areas Of Jammu
Kashmir Valley, including Srinagar, has been blanketed in snow and more snowfall is expected to continue for the next 12 hours, gradually decreasing from tonight.
Meteorological Department Report
Widespread moderate to heavy snowfall and moderate rain with thunderstorms have been reported in Kashmir and hilly areas of Jammu.
Cloudy weather with light snow and rain is expected at isolated to scattered places on January 31.
Srinagar received 12.5 cm of snow, Qazigund 13.0cm, Pahalgam 22.1cm, Kupwara 4.5cm, Kokernag 8.5cm, Gulmarg 30.5cm, Banihal 0.4cm, and Bhaderwah 2.0cm in the last 24 hours.
- Srinagar recorded a low of minus 0.2°C and Qazigund minus 0.1°C, with Pahalgam recording minus 1.4°C and Kokernag minus 0.8°C.
- Gulmarg recorded a low of minus 4.6°C and Kupwara minus 0.4°C.
- Jammu received 8.9mm of rain and recorded a low of 10.4°C.
- Banihal, Batote, Katra, and Bhadarwah also received rain and recorded low temperatures.
- Leh and Kargil in Ladakh recorded lows of minus 0.6°C and minus 6.8°C respectively.
Chillai-Kalan, Chillai-Khurd, and Chillai-Bachha
The 40-day long “Chillai-Kalan” harsh winter period has ended and a 20-day-long period called “Chillai-Khurd” has started, followed by a 10-day-long “Chillai-Bachha” period from February 20 to March 1.Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Subscribe us on Telegram and never miss a update!
All content on this website is copyrighted. Unauthorized use is prohibited and may result in legal action. For details, Copyright Notice.